Helping individuals achieve Mental Fitness for themselves and those they love
Whatever the challenge, all families have the capacity to grow past the unsavory places and ruts in which they can get caught.
ForSoundMind Enterprises (FSME), LLC was brought into existence to help individuals and families lay hold to the latent, unexpressed capacities they possess. The problems of our world begin in our communities and homes - and this is also where the solutions lie. FSME, LLC is determined to be an agent of change and part of the solution, believing in the power of healthy, resilient families to transform life as we know it.
FSME, LLC produces Conversation Pieces, family-run workshops for the family that encourage meaningful interaction and discussion that may not otherwise occur. A variety of fun, thought-provoking activities centered around contemporary themes are used to stimulate candid conversation across generations. In this way, families are better able to connect and build the resilience they need to meet the challenges of today's world.
Conversation Pieces are designed to be facilitated by 2-3 motivated family members. Each downloadable module is intended to last 2½ - 3 hours. It can also be divided into 2 sessions of 75 - 90 minutes each or a single activity extracted and used alone. All workshop packages contain:
A BASIC MANUAL
- Guiding principles and outline to be used with all modules.
- General handout to reinforce constructive, positive communication and relationship building at home after the workshop is over
- Instructions for accessing the 1-hour conference call conducted by Dr. Turner-Graham (included with purchase)
A CONVERSATION GUIDE
- Ground Rules for healthy and productive conversations
- Content outline for the family conversation "catalyst” (family member facilitator) focused on a contemporary issue
- Age-specific handouts
- List of supplies
- An announcement flyer
- Sign-up / sign-in sheets
- List of additional resourses
A FREE sample exercise of Conversation Pieces is available for download. It was developed to let you have a taste of the excitement and fun families can have while learning more about one another . . . simply having a (facilitated) conversation. Download now!
PRIVATE PRACTICE of Dr. Cynthia Turner-Graham
ForSoundMind Enterprises also includes Dr. Turner-Graham's private psychiatry practice in a suburb of Washington, D.C. Medical services include:
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluations
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy
- Psychotropic medication management and monitoring
After an initial evaluation, a treatment plan is collaboratively developed based upon diagnosis and identifiable personal strengths and assets. It is this "strength-based" approach that empowers individuals and families to build upon the positive aspects of their lives. Insurance is accepted on a limited basis.
- Enhance self-understanding and produce positive change.
- Reconnect individuals to sources of personal power.
- Provide tools for creating lives of sustainable health and wellness.